It is the Goal of DECCA Cable to provide its customers with the very best residential cable Internet experience possible. In order to provide and achieve high quality customer service and insure the integrity of DECCA Cable High Speed Internet Service, including but not limited to any service features that may be available. DECCA Cable has adopted this Acceptable Use Policy. By subscribing to DECCA Cable High Speed Internet Service, You agree to the policy set forth and abide by, and require others using the Service via your account to abide by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. DECCA Cable takes the issues set by the following Policies very serious and will enforce its rules to ensure enjoyment by all of its subscribing members. DECCA Cable reserves the right to Suspend, Terminate or Cancel “Service” to a subscriber’s account for engaging in inappropriate conduct or for violations of any or all parts set forth in this policy agreement. Certain Definition: the term referred to as the “SERVICE” will be the DECCA Cable High Speed Internet service and will not include any other service operated or provided by DECCA Cable.
DECCA Cable has the right to add to, modify, or delete any term of this Agreement, the Term of Use at any time.
The Service is designed for personal and family use (residential use only) within a single household. Customer agrees that only Customer and co-residents living in the same household will use the Service. The Service is being provided solely for residential use in Customer’s household and any unauthorized access by a third party to e-mail, Internet Access, or any other function of the Service relieves DECCA Cable of any affirmative obligations it may have, and is in violation of this policy. Customer is responsible for any misuse of Service that occurs through Customer’s account, whether by a member of Customer’s household of an authorized or unauthorized third-part. Customer may set up one (1) web page per service account for personal use of the Service, but Customer may not establish a web page using a server located at Customer’s home. Customers will not use, or allow to use, Customer’s home computer as a web server, FTP server, file server or game server or to run any other to use, the Service to operate any type of business or commercial enterprise. Including, but not limited to, IP address translation or similar facilities intended to provide additional access. Customer will not resell or redistribute, or allow others to resell or redistribute, access to the Service in any manner, including, but not limited to, wireless technology. DECCA Cable reserves the right to disconnect or reclassify the Service to a higher grade or to immediately suspend or terminate the Service for failure to comply with any portion of this provision or this policy, without prior notice. DECCA Cable owns any and all e-mail addresses associated with the Service, and reserves the right to reclaim any such e-mail address at any time for any reason. Any violation of this Policy may lead to prosecution under state and/or federal laws.
- PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES.
- Harm to Minors. You may not use the Service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, hosting, possessing, distributing, posting, or transmitting child pornography, or any and all content that contains graphic visual depictions of sexual acts or sexually explicit conduct involving children, or other material depicting children for the primary which is prurient and unlawful.
- Conduct, Foster, Engage in, Participate in, or otherwise facilitate, pyramid, Any and all fraudulent activities such as illegal on-line gambling, or other illegal soliciting schemes.
- Take part in any fraudulent activities, including impersonating any person or entity or forgoing else’s digital or manual signature.
- Invade another person’s privacy, stalk, harass, or otherwise violate the rights of others.
- Post, transmit, or distribute content that is illegal, threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property, abusive, libelous, slanderous, and defamatory, promotes violence, or is otherwise offensive or objectionable.
- Restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy their equipment or the Service, including, without limitation, by posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a virus, lock, key, bomb, worm, Trojan horse, spambot, cancelbot, or other harmful features.
- Customer will not use, or allow others to use, the Service to send unsolicited messages or materials, bulk-e-mail, or other forms of solicitations (“SPAMMING”). DECCA Cable reserves the right, in DECCA Cable’s sole discretion, to determine whether such postings or transmission constitutes unsolicited messages or materials. Forgoing, altering electronic mail headers is prohibited. Deceiving any recipient as to the identity of the sender through any process is prohibited. Customers may NOT, or allow others to, reference DECCA Cable or DECCA Cable network in any email in an attempt to mislead the recipient.
- Customers will not, or allow others to use, the Service to access the accounts of others or to attempt to penetrate security measures of the Service or other computer systems (“hacking”) or to cause a disruption of the Service to other on-line users. This includes, but is not limited to, achieving or attempting to achieve, or assisting others in achieving or attempting to achieve, any unauthorized access to any computer, cable or telecommunication systems, network, software, data, information, or any other proprietary material. Customer will not use, or allow others to use, tools designed for compromising network security, such as password-guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools. In addition, Customer will not participate in, or allow others to participate in, the collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice known as spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including “adware” or “spyware”) designed to facilitate this activity.
- Access or use the Service with an IP address other than dynamic Internet Protocol (“IP”) address assigned to you which adheres to dynamic host configuration protocol (“DHCP”). You may not configure the Service or any equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than DHCP.
- Modify any cable modem connected to the DECCA Cable network, regardless of whether the modem is owned by you or leased from DECCA Cable, in order to commit theft of the Service, fraudulently use the Service or provide the Service to a third party. DECCA Cable may work with law enforcement if any such theft of fraud occurs.
- Modify the MAC address of any modem connected to the DECCA Cable network.
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
- Use an IP address not assigned to your Service by DECCA Cable.
- Resell or redistribute the Service to any third party via any means including but not limited to wireless technology.
- Customer may not use the Service to post, copy, transmit, or disseminate any content that infringes the patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, moral rights, or proprietary rights of any party. DECCA Cable assumes no responsibilities, and you the Customer, assume all risk regarding the determination of whether material is in the public domain, or may otherwise be used by you for such purpose.
- Customer agrees that any and all Computer devices being utilized with the SERVICE will be free of harmful viruses and will need to meet certain minimum hardware and software requirements that will be specified by the DECCA Cable Service, and that such requirement may be changed from time to time by DECCA Cable or my ISP, including but not limited to the change in Email Platform.
Customer is solely responsible for the security of any device connected to the Service, including any data stored on that devise. Customer is responsible for implementing appropriate security precautions for all systems connected to the Service to protect against threats such as viruses, spam, Trojan botnets, and other malicious intrusions. Software or other content downloaded from the Service may contain viruses, Trojan Horses, Worms, and Denial of Service Attacks, and it is your sole responsibility to take appropriate precautions to protect your computer from damage to its software, files, and data.
Customer is responsible for enabling the security of any wireless (WiFi) networks connected to the DECCA Cable network. Any wireless network installed by customer or DECCA Cable representative that is unsecured or “open” and connected to the DECCA Cable network is prohibited. Customer authorized DECCA Cable to use technology to detect unsecured wireless networks associated with your use of the Service. If DECCA Cable determines that you are using the Service via an unsecured wireless network, DECCA Cable will notify you to enable the Security on the WiFi devise, failure to do so can cause your Service to be disabled, for continual infractions, termination of service will be impose.
- INTERNET SERVICE SPEEDS.
DECCA Cable currently provides residential ONLY Service plan. The “BASIC” Plan offers a download speeds of up to 5.0 megabits per second (“Mbps”), and upload speeds up to 512 Kilobits per second (“Kbps”). DECCA Cable provisions its customer’s modems and also engineers its network to ensure that customers can enjoy the speeds to which they subscribe. However, DECCA Cable does not guarantee that customers will actually achieve those speeds at all times. DECCA Cable advertises its speeds as “up to” a specific level based on the tier of service to which a customer subscribes. Currently, DECCA Cable offers One (1) price for the 512K/5M Service package, $34.99 per month per modem with NO contract agreement (month to month obligation, with a 3 month minimal Service requirement and the installation charge of $85.00, which includes the Modem, and if needed, 1 service outlet to the device). In addition, DECCA Cable offers two (2) added plans, Paramount Package which offers up to 10 Mbps Download Speed/ 1Mbps Upload (250 Gigabytes per month data usage) at an additional $15.00 per month per modem service, and an Executive Package offering up to 20 Mbps Download Speed/ 1.5 Mbps Upload (350 Gigabytes per month data usage) at an additional $30.00 per month per modem. The “BASIC INSTALLATION” does not include any additional internal home wiring or additional equipment such as used for establishing a WiFi network or Routers or computer set-up or any wireless devices or any required computer software, including any and all hardware devices associated with computer functionality.
The “actual” Speed that a customer will experience while using the Internet depends upon a variety of conditions, many of which are beyond the control of an ISP such as DECCA Cable. DECCA Cable High Speed Internet Subscribers also acknowledge that each Tier or Level of SERVICE has limits on the Maximum Throughput at which it may send and receive data at any time, and that the Maximum throughput Rate may be achieved in burst, but generally will vary based on the following but not limited to the conditions described as variations or in multiple conditions:
- Performance of a customer’s computer, including its age, processing capability, its operating system, the number of applications running simultaneously, and the presence of any adware and viruses.
- Type of connection between a customer’s computer and modem. For example, wireless connections may be slower than direct connections into a router or modem. Wireless connections also may be subject to greater fluctuations, interferences and congestion. For the best quality of service, DECCA Cable recommends when at all possible to use a direct connection.
- The distance packets travel (round trip time of packets) between a customer’s computer and its final destination on the Internet, including the number and quality of the networks of various operators in the transmission path. The Internet is a “network of networks”. A customer’s connection may traverse the networks of multiple providers before reaching its destination, and the limitation of those networks will most likely affect the overall speed of that Internet connection.
- Congestion or high usage level at the website or destination. If a large number of visitors are accessing a site or particular destination at the same time, your connection will be affected if the site or destination does not have sufficient capacity to serve all of the visitors efficiently.
- Gating of speeds or access by the website or destination. In order to control traffic or performance, many websites limit the speed at which a visitor can download from their site. Those limitations will carry through to a customer’s connection.
- The performance of the cable modem you have installed. Modem performance, as do any electronic device, may degrade over time, and certain modems are not capable of handling higher speeds.
For these reasons, DECCA Cable, like all ISP’s advertise speeds as “up to” a particular level, and does not guarantee them.
- SPEED TEST.
DECCA Cable offers its customers the ability to test the speeds that they are receiving on DECCA Cable’s network – from the customer’s computer to a test site. Simply go to www.deccacable.com , Click on, “My ACCOUNT”, once on the site, Click on the tab “Technology”, once on the site, click the “Performance Test”. This will test your upload and download speeds. The MY ACCOUNT site also provides links to useful information related to your internet Service. These tests are heavily dependent on a customer’s home network configuration, modem, and computer, and therefore do not reflect the performance of the DECCA Cable network only.
There are other speed tests that measure Internet performance. We have provided links to a few of these sites below for your reference. Please note, that all speed tests have biases and flaws. Each of these tests measures limited aspects of an ISP’s speed and therefore must be seen as a guide rather than definitive measurement of performance.
Latency is another measurement of Internet performance. Latency is the time delay in transmitting or receiving packets on a network. Latency is primarily a function of the distance between two points of transmission, but also can be affected by quality of the network or networks used in transmission. Latency is typically measured in milliseconds, and generally has no significant impact on typical everyday Internet usage. As latency varies based on any number of factors, most importantly the distance between a customer’s computer and the ultimate Internet destination (as well as the number your packets cross), it is not possible to provide customers with a single figure that will define latency as part of a user experience.
- NETWORK MANAGEMENT.
DECCA Cable manages its network to deliver the best possible broadband Internet experience to all of its customers. This is necessary because high-speed bandwidth and network resources are not unlimited. Managing the network is essential as DECCA Cable works to promote the use and enjoyment of the Internet by all of its customers. DECCA cable uses reasonable network management practices that are consistent with industry standards. DECCA Cable tries to use tools and technologies that are minimally disruptive to the customers’ experience.
The need to engage in network management is not limited to DECCA Cable. In fact, all large Internet service providers (ISP) manage their networks. Many of them use the same or similar tools that DECCA Cable employs. If the company didn’t manage its network, its customers would be subject to negative effects of spam, viruses, security attacks, network congestion, and other risks and degradation of service. By engaging in responsible network management including enforcement of this policy, DECCA Cable can deliver the best possible broadband Internet experience to all of its customers. DECCA Cable does not engage or employ any technology to manipulate, distort, disrupt, discriminate, block, or otherwise hinder the Customers ability to access any and all Internet sites. As stated in the above declaration of statement, DECCA Cable will assist Local, State and/or Federal Law Enforcement in the event Customer Engages in the unlawful use of the Internet Network.
- NO EXCESSIVE USE OF BANDWIDTH.
The Service is for residential use and only within limits that DECCA Cable considers reasonable for the service level to which customer subscribes. Residential service for Customers subscribing to the 5M package should not exceed 100 Gigabytes (“GB”) of data per month. The Paramount Package may not exceed 250 Gigabytes per month. The Executive Package may not exceed 350 Gigabytes per month. DECCA Cable reserves the right to revise or implement additional usage limits at any time. Under No conditions in any or all “SERVICE” plans are there any “UNLIMITED” usage authorized.
It is a violation of this policy to use the Service in excess of these limits. In these cases, DECCA Cable, in its sole discretion, notify Customer of excessive use and (i) request Customer to employ corrective or self-limiting actions to comply with this provision; (ii) suspend or terminate Customer’s Service account; or (iii) request Customer subscribe to a Service package that allows for use at higher data consumption levels that align with Customer’s usage patterns. DECCA Cable determination of the data consumption for Service account is final. Additional charges may apply for excessive use of bandwidth.
- REVISION TO POLICY.
DECCA Cable reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any given time and from time to time with or without prior notice. Continued use of the Service will be deemed acknowledgment and acceptance of this policy. Notice of modification to this policy may be given by posting such changes to DECCA Cable’s homepage (www.deccacable.com), by email or by conventional mail, and will be effective immediately upon posting or sending. Customers should regularly visit DECCA Cable’s website and review this Policy to endure that their activities conform to the most recent version. In the event of a conflict between any subscriber or customer agreement and this Policy, the terms of this Policy will govern. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to our main office Located at 10983 SW 89th Avenue, Ocala, FL 34481 (Phone: 352-854-3223 Mon-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm) or by submitting your request on our website (www.deccacable.com) by clicking on “Contact Us” Tab. Please, your upmost respectable conduct is requested when conducting all enquires, disputes, information, or questions. All responses will be addressed in a timely manner. DECCA Cable solely holds the rights to exercise the change, addition, or delete of any or part of the established policies as it pertains to the “SERVICE”.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, Effective REVISION as of January 1, 2016